Welcome to "Drive In" Worship
- Welcome to "Drive In" Worship! We appreciate you remaining in your car and observing social distancing practices. We pray you enjoy the service which will have a Heritage Worship flavor to it. This service will be about 35-45 minutes in length and will have a hymn, prayer, and a devotional message as well as special music.
- Cars will be parked in every other parking spot to maintain safe distance.
- Please tune your car radio to the FM frequency posted at the service (usually 96.1). The Order of Worship/Worship Guide is below so just scroll down on your mobile device as we go or you can download the PDF and print it ahead of time. (No materials will be distributed during the service.)
- Note for Communion Sundays (first Sunday of the month): No communion elements will be distributed- please bring your own bread/juice to have in your vehicle or you can choose to celebrate communion later at home.
- Drive In Service Cancellation Information: In the event that the 9AM Drive In Service is cancelled due to inclement weather we will send out a mass text through our Shelby Membership Management system. If you have a question about whether the service will take place please be sure to check your texts before coming to the service. If you are not sure if your cell phone number is on file with us please contact the church office at 216.831.1566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check our website here or click on the red COVID-19 UPDATES banner on the top of the home page. If the service has been cancelled it will be listed at the top of the page on Sunday morning.
Order of Worship - October 25, 2020
Welcome & Congregational Prayer
Please join us as we pray together:
Lord, sometimes good things are right in front of us and we don’t see them. Our fears and our prejudices blind us. Open our eyes, so we see the signs of your presence around us; open our hearts, so we may receive your peace and love; and empower us to pass on to others the grace you have shared with us so freely. Amen.
“Wash, O God, Our Sons and Daughters” (v. 1, 3) Please sing along!
Wash, O God, our sons and daughters,
Where your cleansing waters flow.
Number them among your people;
Bless as Christ blessed long ago.
Weave them garments bright and sparkling;
Compass them with love and light.
Fill, anoint them; send your Spirit,
Holy dove and heart’s delight
Oh, how deep your holy wisdom!
Unimagined, all your ways!
To your name be glory, honor!
With our lives we worship, praise!
We your people stand before you,
Water-washed and Spirit-born.
By your grace, our lives we offer.
Re-create us; God, transform!
BAPTISM OF Eleanor Elizabeth Schaffer (See below for Congregational Prayer)
Unison Congregational Prayer:
Gracious God, you have called us by name, and pledge to each of us your faithful love. We pray today for your blessing on this child, that you will watch over her and guide her as she grows in faith. Remind us of the promises of our own baptism, and renew our trust in you. Make us strong to obey your will and to serve you with joy, through the power of your Holy Spirit. Amen.
Pastoral Prayer & Lord's Prayer
Lord’s Prayer: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Need prayer? Contact email@example.com
Giving of Our Tithes & Offerings
You can give securely to support the mission of Garfield Memorial Church by using one of these options:
#1. Visit our website (www.garfieldchurch.org) and click on our Giving link;
#2. Text with the dollar amount (e.g. “$50”) to 216.242.1975;
#3. Download the free ShelbyNEXT Giving App on your phone, search for “Garfield Memorial,” then follow the instructions. Questions? Contact the business office at 216.831.1566;
#4. Mail a check to Garfield Memorial Church, 3650 Lander Rd., Pepper Pike OH 44124.
2 Corinthians 5:14-21, NIV
14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
“The Power of your Love” (Bullock) Teagan Amey, Charles Piper, soloists
“Reconciled: “Reconciled: Being an Agent of Reconciliation During an Election” Pastor Chip Freed
Please sing along! (to the tune of Edelweiss)
“May the Lord Mighty God Bless and Keep You Forever”
May the Lord, Mighty God
Bless and keep you for ever;
Grant you peace, perfect peace
Courage in every endeavor.
Lift up your eyes and see his face
Full of grace for ever;
May the Lord, Mighty God
Bless and keep you forever.
Where Do I Go to Find Care?
If you are a Garfield Memorial regular attendee or member, call 216.832-6633, or email Care Minister Trina Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Care Emergencies, please call the Care Ministry Helpline at 216.832-6633.