Welcome to "Drive In" Worship
Welcome to "Drive In" Worship in the North Parking lot (near the Sanctuary entrance at our Pepper Pike Campus)!
- We appreciate you remaining in your car and observing social distancing practices. We pray you enjoy the service which will have a Heritage Worship flavor to it. This service will be about 35-45 minutes in length and will have a hymn, prayer, and a devotional message as well as special music.
- Cars will be parked in every other parking spot to maintain safe distance.
- Please tune your car radio to the FM frequency posted at the service (usually 96.1). The Order of Worship/Worship Guide is below so just scroll down on your mobile device as we go or you can download the PDF and print it ahead of time. (No materials will be distributed during the service.)
Note for Communion Sundays (first Sunday of the month): Our Parking Lot ministers will distribute single-serve communion elements to those who wish. You can also bring your own bread/juice to have in your vehicle or you can choose to celebrate communion later at home.
Drive In Service Cancellation Information:
- In the event that the 9AM Drive In Service is cancelled due to inclement weather we will send out a mass text through our Shelby Membership Management system. If you have a question about whether the service will take place please be sure to check your texts before coming to the service.
- If you are not sure if your cell phone number is on file with us please contact the church office at 216.831.1566 or email email@example.com.
- You can also check this page on our website where we will list any cancellations at the top of the page.
Order of Worship
may 2, 2021
Today is Communion Sunday. The Parking Lot Ministers will be distributing single-serve communion elements to those who would like them or you can celebrate communion later at your home.
Maribeth Katt, Piano
Welcome & Congregational Prayer
Please join us as we pray together:
Lord, you call us to love our neighbors as ourselves, and to speak and act with mercy and grace. Instead, we have been judgmental, played favorites, and turned away from the poor and needy. Reframe and redirect our actions, Lord, that love, beauty, and justice may prevail throughout your creation. Help each one of us to be rich in love, faith, and generosity. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
HYMN “The Gift of Love” (verses 1, 3) Please sing along!
Though I may speak with bravest fire,
And have the gift to all inspire,
And have not love, my words are vain,
As sounding brass, and hopeless gain.
Come, Spirit, come, our hearts control,
Our spirits long to be made whole.
Let inward love guide every deed;
By this we worship, and are freed.
Pastoral Prayer & Lord's Prayer
Lord’s Prayer: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Need prayer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving of Our Tithes & Offerings
You can give securely to support the mission of Garfield Memorial Church by using one of these options:
#1. Visit our website (www.garfieldchurch.org) and click on our Giving link;
#2. Text with the dollar amount (e.g. “$50”) to 216.242.1975;
#3. Download the free ShelbyNEXT Giving App on your phone, search for “Garfield Memorial,” then follow the instructions. Questions? Contact the business office at 216.831.1566;
#4. Mail a check to Garfield Memorial Church, 3650 Lander Rd., Pepper Pike OH 44124.
Romans 12:9-21 (NRSV)
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed them; if he is thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
“A Gaelic Blessing” (Rutter) Teagan Amey, Marley Lieberman, Janine Walker, soloists
“Weighed in the Balance: LOVE in Action” Pastor Chip Freed
Please sing along! (to the tune of Edelweiss)
“May the Lord Mighty God Bless and Keep You Forever”
May the Lord, Mighty God
Bless and keep you for ever;
Grant you peace, perfect peace
Courage in every endeavor.
Lift up your eyes and see his face
Full of grace for ever;
May the Lord, Mighty God
Bless and keep you forever.
Where Do I Go to Find Care?
If you are a Garfield Memorial regular attendee or member, call 216.832-6633, or email Care Minister Trina Carrier at email@example.com. For Care Emergencies, please call the Care Ministry Helpline at 216.832-6633.