In light of the most recent updates from the CDC and the State of Ohio regarding safety measures related to COVID-19, we are amending our protocols for Garfield Memorial Church as listed below. For the past fifteen months, we have followed the science and relied on trusted advice of experts in the medical professional community. We are staying consistent with that approach in following their most recent guidance.
New changes will go into effect on May 30, 2021, and on Sunday, June 6, 2021 and also on Sunday, June 13, 2021.
- We encourages all staff, members and regular attenders to become vaccinated against Covid-19 unless they have personal or health reasons not to be vaccinated.
- While the CDC & the State of Ohio recommends face coverings for all non-vaccinated persons, face coverings will be optional and voluntary for fully vaccinated persons at our facilities on June 1, 2021.
- We urge non-vaccinated persons to continue to worship on our online platforms or to absolutely wear face coverings when attending in-person worship or events for your own personal protection. Any and all fully vaccinated persons who are more comfortable wearing face coverings at this time whether indoor or outdoor should certainly continue to do so!
- We will encourage you to make your own decisions on social distancing.
- Our Heritage Service will re-open for in-person worship in our Pepper Pike sanctuary on June 13, 2021. As of that Sunday, our 9:00 AM Drive-In service at Pepper Pike will no longer be offered.
- Children’s Ministry will be offered at all in-person worship experiences. All staff and volunteers serving in Children’s Ministry will be required to be fully vaccinated for their safety and the safety of the children. Due to the fact that vaccinations are currently unavailable for children under 12, we will continue to require children ages 4-12 to wear face coverings in Children’s Ministry until further notice.
- All Online Worship Platforms will continue to remain part of our vital worship experiences!
- SPECIAL NOTE regarding South Euclid Campus - With national averages of in-person worship currently running at 30-40% maximum attendance of pre-COVID numbers, and with the upcoming summer months which at times can be a bit less attended compared to annual monthly numbers, we feel that for the summer it is most prudent that we all worship together in-person at Pepper Pike or Online. We will be hosting several community events at South Euclid Campus during the months of June through August and will relaunch our in-person worship and activities such as Kidz Club with a major event September 11-12, 2021. Stay tuned!
We cannot thank you our members and friends enough, for staying connected and staying committed to the mission and ministry of Garfield Memorial Church during these unprecedented times. There were no church playbooks for 2020 and beyond, on how to "do church" during a global pandemic and a time of high political and racial anxiety in an increasingly diverse and painfully polarized society. We have done the best we have known how to keep you connected and keep you safe as we stay utterly committed to our continued and critical mission to "Widen the Circle: Connecting diverse people who share a common brokenness, with Jesus." Thank you for staying true to this cause! See you soon!
Mosaic Worship - 10:00 AM Sundays
We are offering in-person attendance at the 10 AM Mosaic Service in the Pepper Pike Family Life Center. KidzSpace Children's Ministry is being offer during the service for birth-2, ages 3-5, and Kindergarten-5th grade. Contact Pastor David Thorne at email@example.com with questions. We are committed to your safety and we have safety protocols in place for worship and KidzSpace children's ministry.
Drive-In Worship - 9:00 AM Sundays
Drive-In Worship will be moving inside to the Sanctuary as we resume Heritage Worship on June 13, 2021.
Join us at 9:00 AM at our Pepper Pike Campus outdoors in our parking lot for a Drive In Worship, weather permitting. No registration is necessary!
- Tune in on your vehicle radio on 96.1 FM.
- You can see the order of worship (with words to hymn & prayers) here on your mobile device or download it as a PDF.
We will send a mass text and put a notice on our website in the event the service is cancelled due to weather.